Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A little Tip

I thought I would give you a tip.
And the tip is:
     Do you bounce in your saddle?
A lot of people would say "yup" so I thought I would write some tips on that. 
           
         You 



  1. First of all you want to NOT hold the horn, because when you do that you automatically are pushing your self up. Didn't know that did you? But your problem isn't solved.                      
  2. Make sure that your heels are down! You could be bouncing because there is nothing to "keep you down in the saddle.
  3. Now you need to suck yourself in and think "down" or , if you  have an enclosed place that you can ride in look down at your legs a watch and don't let your legs bounce!
  4. Check your posture if you are slumped no wonder you are going all over the place.
  5.  Now if you are still bouncing there is a large possibility that it could be you horse, is he/she trotting to fast?
  Your horse

  1. Don't yank back, he could become hard mouthed.
  2.    With a little bit of slack in your rains pull back slowly and do that over and over again until he slows down if you feel him slow down even the tiniest bit tell him hes a good boy!
  3. If you feel him start to speed up take him in a circle and do that every time he speeds up.
  4.  The trick is consistency  he won't learn a thing if you aren't consistent.
Good luck




Bye bouncer,
 Neighgirl

2 comments:

  1. Love your tips!
    If I was ever to teach riding to ANYONE I would get them to learn WITHOUT a saddle FIRST!
    When you ride bareback you really learn to balance and then when you get in the saddle you don't bounce!
    I challenged myself to be able to ride with out my saddle at all gaits and am progressing nicely :)
    Once I was back in my saddle, I noticed the different RIGHT away!
    I felt SO much more comfortable :)
    Anyway ya! Great tips ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tips, thank you, i about going i the circles, that is prob what my horse lesson teachers girls was doing to her horse then, i always wonder what they were doing, i guess that is the reason

    ReplyDelete